Saturday, May 14, 2011

good-bye to his best friend



Quincy's pacifier has been apart of our family for four years.  He had only one Binky left at age two so we knew it was a matter of time till he lost it and that would be the end, well two years later his blue and orange Binky was still with us.  Matt and I had many discussions over the past 18 months about how, when, and why we needed to get rid of it for good.  But deep down we loved it almost as much has Quincy did.  He went to sleep with no problem, took naps, calming during a tantrum, happy in the car, quiet in church, etc... Finally, I snapped and I cut a small hole in the tip and then left for work while Matt had to put them to bed.  Matt said it was so sad when Quincy realized it was broken.  He cried himself to sleep and woke up in the morning crying.  The next day we got a little boat and sent it down the river.  Quincy asked me if somebody will send it back to him when they find it floating in the ocean.  Most likely not I told him and he cried a little more.  He didn't take a nap for the rest of the week and I was having regrets.  But we have moved on and I feel Quincy is standing a little taller and feeling pretty proud of himself.
Taken 11/08

2 Comments:

At 1:09 AM , Blogger The McKay's said...

Poor Quincy! How heartbreaking. It must be sad seeing him so despondent. It makes for a sweet post though.
XO
Erin

 
At 7:18 AM , Blogger Jamie said...

I thought it fell in the river. I didn't know there was a burial at sea! Very sad indeed.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home