The Ruth Card
Our prophet, President Monson refers to her as a spiritual pioneer.
They came to me and asked if I could be the first to try it out. I was given one week to have a missionary experience. Last Sunday I was pretty confident. I put a pass along card (a photo of Christ and a short message and website on the back) in my coat pocket, put the Ruth Card by my bed, and prayed daily for an opportunity. Well, its Saturday night and I will be reporting tomorrow morning and giving the chance to somebody else. My husband (for those of you that know him knows he can talk to anybody about anything) told me I had lots of chances. I feel that maybe this week I didn't have that contact with somebody individually, but I can still bear my testimony for anybody that visits this blog to see.
I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I believe in a loving Heavenly Father that watches over me and all of us. I know that he sent his beloved Son to this earth to die for us. I believe that the church of Jesus Christ has been restored to the earth. And that we are guided by a living prophet, just as they were in biblical times. I believe my family is an eternal family. And I know this church is true and I am blessed in so many ways.
And in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

3 Comments:
Beautiful, Kristen. You may not of given out a card but your life is a living example of your knowledge of a living and loving Heavenly Father. Your service to others speaks louder then words. Only someone with the strong testimony that you have could give so much of your time to serving the Lord. Love, Mom-
way to step up girl and show your faith--love you-e
that task is so hard...what you wrote is perfect.
i agree with mom 100% - you are a walking testimony in the way you conduct your life. the people in winter quarters would of been blessed by you - but you do not have to "be" a missionary to be a missionary! you are incredible!
love you tons!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home