I did it!
Well, the goal was reached, I finished the Baltimore Marathon! I thought we had planned on a good time to arrive at the race around 7:30, but as we approached the off ramp it was dead stop traffic. Matt kept reassuring me that it would move quickly. As the minutes ticked by I started to freak out. A guy in front of us jumped out of his car and started running (we were still on the freeway). I knew that 18,000 people were participating but I never guessed the traffic would be so bad. Finally at 7:48am I jumped out of the car, which had now made it to the on ramp and started jogging, then running to the starting line and got there with about 30 seconds to spare. I ran a mile to get there so in reality I ran 27.2 miles.
I got a little cocky thinking I could maybe make the Boston marathon qualifying time of 3:40. I paced with a group that was going at the 3:40 pace. I was feeling great until mile 18, then here came the wall. I looked up and couldn't find the pace group and started to panic. I walked through the aide station and then started again. It was VERY hilly from mile 16-22. At mile 22 the 3:50 pace group passed me, causing more frustration. Then at mile 25 here comes 4:00 pace group, NO!!!!!!!!!!! But, I tried to stay positive and I finished at 4:04. I was 181 out of 1126 females and 995 total overall out of 3114 runners. All and all I am satisfied and am going on a running break. Thanks for all of the support.

10 Comments:
so proud of you! how scary that you had to run to the starting line! hope you had time to enjoy the race as you passed all the different boroughs.
love love sophie's shirt!
have a fantastic trip - can't wait to see the photos!
you are amazing! Wow! awesome job, you should totally be so proud and take a running break! :)
you GO GIRL!!!you are now officially my idol! When are you coming down to go to a Razorback game???How about two weeks or so? We could send the guys and stay here and visit!!ESC
We are PROUD of you. It is great to be able to say you ran a marathon but wow! to say you have run TWO. Way to go!! We love you
Holy freakin cow. I am amazed by you! Seriously, you are my hero right now. I ran 2.5 miles tonight and I thought that was pretty cool.
I seriously am so proud of you. Way to go! you are a champion. :)
congrats! i am seriously amazed at you! i've been meaning to tell you THANK YOU for the Razorback towel for Drew. We love it and he has been using it LOTS!
that is amazing! way to go kristin!!!!! you inspire me.
We are so proud of you! You are amazing with all the other stuff you have going on. Hope your camping trip was fun and you were not too sore after all the running. Will look forward to the pictures (of all the colleges Matt visited). Love, MOM
YAY KRISTEN!!! That is awesome and I'm sure it's such an amazing feeling that you ran a marathon!!! Wow!! Can't believe you had to get out at the ramp and run to the starting line. I would have freaked out!! Well, I'm so proud of you and I'm sure you are proud of yourself...what an amazing accomplishment!!
hey kristen. I need your address....thought I had it, but can't find it. Can you please email it to me at julie.dawn.haney@gmail.com???
Thanks!
Julie
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home